Monday, March 01, 2010

Redid much of the bathroom this weekend for showing on Sunday

Exhausting, and I never would have believed that it took as long as it did. I started at a little before 11am and I finished getting the house cleaned up for the showing around 6:30am Sunday morning.

I ripped up the old vinyl tile on the bathroom floor, cut away all caulk from that are and from the dias area, scrubbed the adhesive and dirt for several hours so that the linolium underneath was spotless, and then laid down the new tile to match the den and the dias. For an idea of how bad the cleaning was; when I pulled up the old tile, I thought that the solid linolium underneath was also square vinyl tile... until I started cleaning and the 'seams' started dissappearing.

I'm troubled with how loose the linolium was around the corners and how badly off the moulding was where it reached the floor, but there was nothing I could do. I cut and laid the new tile as best I could, and then caulked in around the shower.

I tore down the rather um... the old wallpaper, and sanded out any rough spots and then painted with matte interior acrylic white paint.

A little cleaning, and it all looked pretty good... all things considered.

No comments: