Friday, May 14, 2010

Good news from the IRS (It's all a matter of perspective)

Received a notice of "Overpaid Tax Applied to Other Taxes You Owe". My $1,542.00 return was applied to my 2007 Tax Debt. Called them and now I owe $2902.96 ($1,410.75 for 2007 and $1,492.21 for 2008). That's down from over 6 grand. At $105 a month that's 28 months if you don't figure in overpaid tax applications from future years and any charges, penalties, interest, federal-smack-smack.

I think I may be able to increase the payment here in the near future, and it will be so very wonderful to have the federal monkey off my back.

I would have had several hundred more in returns to apply but I didn't realize that the IRS forces me to file Married Filing Separately and if one of us doesn't itemize, then the other cannot itemize. Oh well, just one more way living outside of God's plan brings heartache in this world. Glad this world is momentary and light. :)

So yes... it's good news, or rather, I choose to look at it that way.

No comments: